META 2 Development Kit
The Meta 2 Development Kit is the newest augmented reality (AR) head-mounted display on the market and with its 90° projection offers a significantly wider field of view as previous AR glasses, thereby providing immersive AR experiences. The virtual work spaces of the future are becoming a reality today!
The capabilities of the META 2
The high-resolution projections of Meta 2, in connection with the interfaces to Unity 3D and SOLIDWORKS, among others, enable the three-dimensional display of 3D and CAD models in the midst of the real world. Thanks to the intuitive hand-gesture control, designers and engineers are also able to interact with these holograms in real-time.
META 2 - The Most Immersive AR Experience in the World
Easy plug&play installation
1. Connect headset via USB 3.0 & HDMI (no external sensors necessary)
3. Get started!
FIELD OF VIEW
AUDIO & VIDEO
- 4 built-in surround sound speakers
- 3 integrated Microphones
- 720p front-facing RGB camera for mixed reality recordings
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, AMD Radeon RX 480 or better
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700(HQ), AMD FX-9590 equivalent or better
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-RAM or more
- Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
- Video Output: 1x HDMI 1.4b
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0
- OS: Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- 3D Engine: Unity 5.6 or Unity 2017.2
- Extensibility: OpenVR Runtime (using C++ SDK)
- SteamVR and WebVR support
INCLUDED IN THE DELIVERY
- Meta 2 AR Headset
- 9 ft (2.7 m) cable for video, data & power
- Universal AC adapter Set
- Headset stand
- Microfabric bag
- 2 exchangeable and hand washable forehead support pads
PC systems compatible with META 2
The following series from the SCHENKER portfolio meet all the system requirements of META 2 in application development
The SCHENKER KEY series defines a new evolutionary stage of more compact, more powerful laptops where attention was paid to optimal efficiency during its design.
High-power components in a compact aluminum casing, a powerful cooling system, high-resolution displays and first class input devices satisfy even the most demanding of users.
- WHAT DOES THE TERM DEVELOPMENT KIT MEAN?
The Meta 2 as a product is a Development Kit and Meta strives to release new software capabilities to customers on a regular basis. These software updates will include new product features, performance improvements, and bug fixes. Firmware updates to the hardware can be completed remotely with tools included in the SDK.
- WHAT DO I NEED FOR DEVELOPING APPS WITH THE META 2 DEVELOPMENT KIT?
The Meta Software Development Kit (SDK), which provides a collection of tools, hardware drivers, and APIs designed to enable developers to build industry-leading augmented reality experiences and content on the Meta platform. Meta currently offers a native Unity SDK and a C++ SDK (Preview) based on OpenVR, easily allowing developers to port over or create unique immersive AR experiences for the Meta 2.
The Meta 2’s dedicated DevCenter offers support for its community of developers with a web portal that houses tutorials, FAQs, and other relevant content including our neuroscience-based Spatial Design Principles—which provide a useful reference for building immersive AR experiences.
- CAN I WEAR MY GLASSES WHILE USING THE META 2?
The visor and head straps comfortably accommodate individuals wearing glasses, allowing a variety of users to interact comfortably with the device.